...I am reminded that this is the time of year to stop and take stock of the many things I am very grateful for in my life. The list is certainly not exhaustive or in a specific order after #1:
1. My amazing family and friends that have sacrificed as much or more than I have in their never-ending goal of supporting me and my dream to become a Doctor
2. School/work stuff: having an internship...learning a lot...almost finished with my dissertation...graduation is 9 months away (yay for single digits!)
3. Music - playing and listening. I have an amazing guitar teacher that is patient, supportive, kind, and a helluva a guitar player. I'm also thankful for new music that doesn't suck. That is hard to come by these days.
4. I live in a fun place with many things to experience, and I have the ability to travel and learn about new places.
5. Sleeping in the middle of the bed and hogging the covers. Awesome.
6. The good stuff - having a job, being able to pay the bills and have the necessities, and the ability to buy a new car
7. I've almost lost 20 pounds. I feel amazing, and I am looking forward to continued progress. After eating on Thursday, of course.
8. I am only 2.5 hours away from Wilmington and the beach. I am taking advantage of being so close because I'm not sure when I'll be able to visit again after I (hopefully) get a real job!
9. I only have to take care of me. For the moment, that is hard enough.
10. Small things, like a kind word, wink, or smile, from a friend.
11. Meeting new people and exploring new relationships.
12. Having the time to enjoy and cultivate new hobbies.
13. Ability to truly be happy and content with what I have right now.
Thanks to each of you for the support, encouragement, love, patience, time, etc that you have bestowed upon me during the last several years (or all of my life, depending on who is reading this)!
Much Love to all of you. xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment