A couple of weekends ago, I spent two days in Asheville, NC for my brother's art gallery opening. The trip was good - I was able to meet some of my brother's friends, catch up with him, see some interesting art, and enjoy a new place for a couple of days. This trip allowed me to step outside of the confines of my usual daily life and really examine what is important to me.
I have spent several months attempting to ignore the fact that I really enjoy North Carolina because it is unlikely that I will be able to find a position with the BOP at Butner. Things have not changed; it is still unlikely there will be a position open in Psychology at Butner when I graduate. However, I have realized that the place I am living contributes greatly to my overall happiness. After all, I want to spend more hours enjoying my surroundings than working. With that said, I have made the decision to stay in North Carolina. At least for now. I suppose the job market will somewhat temper that desire, but making this decision allows me to focus my job search efforts.
To answer the question about what is important to me: family, friends, fun activities, great place to live, love, and happiness.
For those of you that have been asking, offering support, and sending me good luck wishes, thank you. I will keep you updated with any/all North Carolina news!
No comments:
Post a Comment