Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Are you ready for the ride of your life?

Today, I successfully proposed my dissertation. I think it really hasn't sunk in how powerful that actually is. Very few people make it to the proposal during Fall semester. True, I have put in a lot of work...it's just surreal that it actually happened. I officially begin my own research career when the IRB approves my study design. There's something really big about that...ocean big...almost too big to accurately comprehend.

No news about internship sites. I will be away from my email all day tomorrow, so I am guessing I will come home to a couple of emails. Interview invitations or rejections - either is okay, as long as I know something. I'd also like to make my travel plans! It's very exciting to think about visiting new places, and all of the places that I am interviewing (thus far) are new destinations for me.

There's this academic transition that is happening and moving me towards graduation, which is developmental, I know. The astonishing thing is that I can detect a shift in my thinking about things, the decisions I make clinically and in research settings, and the way that I present myself professionally. It's a good change. I think I'm growing up. Finally.

No comments:

Post a Comment