Friday, March 19, 2010

The countdown has begun...

41 days left in Memphis! I began packing this morning, and I have made great progress for only spending a couple of hours on it. I am hoping that there will be a lot less stuff to move this time, as I am tired of toting around things that I do not really need.

School update:
Classes are moving along. I am finishing my assignments as they are due; like I said before, my course load is not very difficult this semester. I have not received the data for my dissertation yet, so that is on hold for now. Most likely, I will receive my data this summer and defend my dissertation in early Fall.

I have added a few research projects to my list. I have some hesitation about the added work when I am about to leave, but I am hoping to make enough headway in the next few weeks to make everything work out. It's likely that I will have to visit Memphis this summer to work on one of the projects...at least that will give me an excuse to visit my friends. :)

I am Birmingham bound for a few months this summer. In late July (probably), I will move to the Raleigh/Durham area to start work at the beginning of September. Unlike the Memphis move almost 3 years ago, I am very excited about the move to North Carolina and the possibilities it holds for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment