Saturday, April 3, 2010

Fun in Memphis

I have really been trying to enjoy the last few weeks I have in Memphis. This has involved spending quality time with good friends and seeing some of the Memphis sights that I haven't seen yet, including the Botanic Gardens and Sun Studios. I have put some of the pictures below, so you can enjoy them too.

As I reflect on the past (almost) three years, I have realized that I have grown a lot as a person and am approaching the next step in my life with an excitement and yearning that I have not previously had before. That makes me smile outwardly, even as I type this. I take the next large step on my journey to a completely new and unfamiliar place knowing that I have a solid support system behind me, for which I am grateful.

I have not found a place to live in the Raleigh/Durham area yet, although I'm planning to spend some serious time looking in May. I need to wrap things up in Memphis first before I get too excited about moving. :) Things are still moving along with school. Great news - last Wednesday, I received my IRB approval from the BOP and should be receiving the data for my dissertation soon. I hope to have at least a beginning draft complete by the time I move at the end of April. My defense is tentatively scheduled for August.


A sample of my pictures from the Memphis Botanic Gardens


A sampling of my pictures from Sun Studios


A sampling of my pictures from the Rock 'n Soul Museum

No comments:

Post a Comment