Thursday, April 22, 2010

Ah, Statistics...

...you and I will always have a love-hate relationship. I adore numbers and actually understand statistics, but working with someone else's data for my dissertation is proving to be a bit more difficult than I anticipated. There's always some part of the statistics that I hate because it takes WAY more time than I expected. This time it was cleaning and merging the data - it took almost 6 hours! However, I am VERY grateful to not have the pains or extended length of dead time that accompany data collection. All in all, I am a lucky girl. I am halfway through the data analysis process and hope to finish it by Monday. Then I'll write the Results and Discussion sections and work with my advisor to edit and prepare the final product. Hopefully I will be able to defend my dissertation in a month or so at the very latest.

The countdown is now less than one week. I finished packing my last box last night, which was the silverware and utensils in the kitchen. I will spend next week arranging everything for loading into the moving truck and cleaning the house to be prepared for the final inspection.

I'm working on trying to plan fun adventures for this summer. I really feel like I need to do as much traveling as possible while I have a large amount of time free. I won't be afforded this opportunity again!

No comments:

Post a Comment