Friday, April 16, 2010

Countdown to Bye Bye Memphis

Less than 2 weeks left in Memphis!

My house is a wreck with all of the boxes that I have packed. It is a maze trying to walk through some rooms, but that's OK. Not much longer...

I do not have a place to live in North Carolina yet; I haven't started seriously looking. I am still wavering between living in a condo/loft in the city or trying to find a house close to work. Most days, I lean towards the house option. Especially the nights here when my neighbors play very loud music very late at night...I can only imagine it being much worse at an apartment complex close to Duke, NC State, or UNC-Chapel Hill!

My courses are wrapping up nicely. I have some major assignments to grade this upcoming week for the classes I teach. I have finished two of the three of my final papers needed for my coursework. I have not yet heard about the data for my dissertation. I would like to have already had it (I am going on week 3 after approval that I haven't received it), but I do have plenty of other things happening that I can focus on. I will have to return to Memphis for my dissertation defense anyway, so waiting a couple of extra weeks for the data isn't going to hurt anything.

This time three years ago, I was preparing for my last month of work at UAB and trying to find a place to live in Memphis. This time two years ago, I was finishing my first year of coursework. This time last year, I was finishing my second year of coursework and completing comprehensive exams. Time has flown by! This time next year, I will start looking for a "real" job! :)

A wise man once told me that things would work out just fine if I took this path. Turns out, he was right.

No comments:

Post a Comment