Sunday, October 17, 2010

North Carolina State Fair

I went to the State Fair yesterday with a few interns and their families. We were told that the Fair was quite a sight to behold and that we wouldn't be sorry if we went. They were right! It was huge with multiple blocks of food trailers, lots of rides, and my favorite: pig, duck, and goat races.


My lemonade cup. And yes, we had "Fun at the Fair"!


This is a deep fried oreo. It was heaven actually, even though it doesn't sound like it would be yummy. It was like a funnel cake wrapped around an oreo cookie. I did eat a bite of one to taste it, along with a piece of pizza and fried pickles. Thankfully, we walked around for about four hours.


For those of you that are curious (like me), this is a Krispy Kreme burger. Yes, those are doughnuts for the bun with a burger patty, lettuce, and tomato. You could also add cheese and bacon. None of us were tempted to try this.


We were walking around the rides talking about which ones we could ride. This was my choice. :) Seems like a short kiddie ride, right? The best part - if it breaks, I might not break anything when I fall. (The rides did not look very stable.)

Here is the best part....the races! The pictures aren't great from the pig, duck, and goat races. In fact, the goats were so quick, I didn't get a picture of them. We had to climb on a wall behind a fence and right next to a very stinky dumpster. We could only see turn 1 and 2...I would've stayed and waited two hours to see the next one, but no one else was that interested. It was extremely amusing!


This was our view...and there are the little pigs! They all had numbers and names of Nascar drivers...the Dale Jr pigs won the two races. This one and the one below:


And here are the ducks:


All in all, it was definitely worth the time and money. The weather was beautiful, and it will be a great memory of North Carolina for years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment