Monday, October 25, 2010

Running

I am running a 5K in Wilmington in a couple of weeks. While the whole running thing is very new to me (I'm more of a cyclist), I think it'll be fun. I know it'll be beautiful as we'll be running near the Battleship on the riverfront. 

There are many, many people running this race to raise money for Global Green, an organization assisting the cleaning efforts from the Gulf oil spill. Because I'm from Alabama and routinely vacationed at Gulf area beaches, this cause is really important to me. 

If you are interested in contributing - even if it's just a couple of bucks - I would love your support! Anything and everything matters and all donations help! For those contributing $20 or more, I will send you a homemade mix CD because I'm cheesy like that. :)

Check out this link for the project, begun by One Tree Hill's Sophia Bush and Austin Nichols, on my Crowdrise site:
 
http://www.crowdrise.com/sophiasrunforthegulf/fundraiser/ashleyb67


Thank you all for reading and for your support! I'll post pictures and details from the race afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment