Saturday, December 18, 2010

What a difference a year makes...

As the weather has become colder in North Carolina and I had to drive to work in wintry-weather conditions, I was forced to reminisce to last year's travels for internship interviews. Not only am I grateful to not have to repeat that experience this year, I am also glad I had someone taking care of the driving so I could completely concentrate on my interviews and absorbing everything about the process. BIG thanks to my Dad for navigating snow, sleet, freezing rain, black ice, frozen windshield wipers, hazards in parking lots that were covered with mounds of snow, and the extremely long ride from Springfield, Missouri to Memphis, Tennessee after being stuck in Springfield in a blizzard. I saw more snow last year than I'd seen in my entire life.

I have a tough job most days (but not all). However, that job reminds me daily how lucky I am to have great friends, a great family, a good job and education, and the basics of everyday living. Beyond that, I'm healthy, happy, and free. There is plenty to be grateful for on a daily basis; these are just some of the things that ring true to me all the time.

I wish all of you a happy holiday season full of love, fun, and safe adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment