2010 has been an incredible year for me. I will forever remember this year for its wintry weather and as the one when I saw my first snow plow, the most snow ever in my life, and my first white Christmas. The highlights of this year for me:
-- I interviewed for internships, matched at FCC Butner, and completed 1/3 of my internship.
-- I moved from Memphis to Birmingham for the summer and then to Durham in late July.
-- I bought half of a 1955 Chevy Bel Air and share it with my Dad. Unfortunately, it's in Alabama while I'm in North Carolina so I don't get to work on it as much as I would like.
-- I lost 20 pounds and have kept it off. I have more work to do in 2011...
Other memorable events in 2010 - both good and bad:
-- A Chilean mine collapsed, yet all of the miners were rescued! It was an amazing moment in history.
-- A BP oil rig exploded in the Gulf of Mexico, killing some of the oil rig workers and polluting the Gulf and most of the beaches and land in Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, and the Florida panhandle.
-- Jim Morrison was pardoned by Florida Governor Charlie Crist for a 1969 indecent exposure charge.
-- We lost many talented individuals this year, including Corey Haim, Leslie Nielsen, J.D. Salinger, Tony Curtis, Dennis Hopper, Dixie Carter, and Andrew Koenig.
2011 promises an amazing year to come, including my last graduation ever, my first job search for a position as a Psychologist, and potentially a move to a new place. Happy New Year to all of you! Best wishes for an awesome 2011 full of happiness, love, and great memories!
No comments:
Post a Comment