Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Winter Weather

I have been waiting for a massive snowstorm to hit where I live for the past few days. The forecast went from 10-12 inches to 5-6 inches to 2-5 inches as the days progressed from late last week to now. Turned out to only be about 1/2 an inch of snow at my apartment, but we had enough freezing rain to coat all of the roads with ice. As a result, I stayed home from work today and will be late going in tomorrow morning because everything will ice over again tonight. I put in a couple of hours of work on my dissertation and some projects for work, but I mostly hung out and enjoyed a stress-free day, after being worried for many days that the world was going to end. OK, maybe it wasn't that bad, but for someone who has never really seen winter weather like this, it's not pleasant to hear that it's possible to have a foot of snow. 

I have decided that I might be able to deal with this weather, if I lived somewhere that could actually manage the roads. I am bored way too easily to have to sit at home when the weather gets bad outside. So there are some job sites in the north that I am still looking at, but I did spend some time today looking for positions in Alabama, Georgia, and Florida. This weather is bollocks.


I'm not a fan of these cheesy self-portraits. I had to get all dressed up (multiple layers, scarf, earmuffs, gloves, and hat) just to go get my mail. I really just took the picture because I love my hat. 




Here is what my apartment complex looked like this afternoon when I skated to the front to pick up my mail. Surprisingly, the pool was not frozen over. I was kinda hoping it would be...I've never seen anything like that before.

As with most other things over the past several years, this has been a brand new experience. And no, this is not one I need to experience again!

No comments:

Post a Comment