My 30th birthday was yesterday, and it was an amazingly unique day! I ignored all things school-related yesterday and today (scandalous, I know. ha!). My parents came up to Memphis to help me celebrate. We went to the Lakeland International Raceway, which is where they filmed the racing parts of the movie "Two Lane Blacktop." Then we went to a couple of motorcycle shops and back to Memphis Pizza Cafe for a yummy lunch. My dad worked on my TV; I don't have cable, but he found an antenna (for only $20!) that allows me to get about 15 local channels (including ABC, NBC, CBS, and the CW). House, I will see you very soon!
Last night, we went to see Buddy Guy and Jonny Lang in concert at the Horseshoe Casino in Tunica, Mississippi. One of the top 5 concerts that I've ever been to...amazing show! Buddy Guy even walked through the audience playing, stopping right in front of my Dad for a few minutes.
I'm looking forward to continuing the celebration with my friends in Memphis and in Birmingham! Looks like 30 is going to be a GREAT year!
No comments:
Post a Comment