Sorry it's been a while since I posted. I have been busy and have lots of things to write about!
First, school...no progress on the dissertation. I need this statistical software program (SPSS, for those of you who are unfortunate enough to know what I'm talking about - ha!) to analyze my data, and I'm having a really hard time logging into Memphis's IT website to have remote access to the program. Ugh. Since my advisor doesn't work during the summer, this might be a moot point anyway. But I would LOVE to be finished!!! Bottom line - there's still some major work to do on this project.
North Carolina...I found an apartment that I think I will like. It's a one bedroom on a first floor (I'm already prepping myself for the noise factor), and it has a screened in porch outside. It's in a nice part of the Raleigh/Durham area, near lots of shopping and great restaurants. I'll move up there around July 24. I enjoyed my trip to Raleigh/Durham and Wilmington, although I didn't enjoy the flights there or back. I think I'll be mostly driving for my trips from now on. Crying/screaming babies, children that couldn't behave themselves (and parents that couldn't control the children), and almost landing on another plane and having to go straight back up into the air pretty much killed any desire I had to fly.
Birmingham...we (my Dad and I) got the '55. I'll post pictures below. It's going to be a job with the assembly, but we are slowly making progress. We'll get there, and I'll post updated pictures as we complete parts of the car.
I've been learning a lot about home improvement while I've been home. My Dad and I have completed several projects around the house, and we have several more on the list. Most recently, I learned how to use a bow saw and wire electrical lights outside. Time for more work today - gotta run!
No comments:
Post a Comment