Someone informed me that I'm not doing a very good job keeping up with my blog, and I agreed. I have been way too lazy to write when I sit down after various chores and work, both inside the house and outside. Before you get too upset that I am working too hard during my last summer vacation, I can assure you that I am having PLENTY of fun!
My Dad and I have taken several mini-vacations lately. First, we went to Atlanta for a day. We climbed Stone Mountain - about a 2 mile hike (and yes, some portions are very steep!) and then ate at The Varsity. Later that week, we went on the Hot Rod Power Tour, enjoying a large car show both in Chattanooga and then here in Hoover. It was extremely hot both days! Most recently, we went to Bowling Green for the Hot Rod Reunion and Cacklefest. I actually saw cars run that I'd never seen on a race track before (dragsters with motors in the front). Again, lots of fun but incredibly hot outside.
We are working more on the '55 each day. We did a lot of assembly this week and have another large set of parts to put on this afternoon when it cools down a little. I'll post more pictures soon. When we complete the taillight and headlight assemblies, we will be able to register our '55 tag.
See a theme in my posts? This is like the 16th or 17th day in a row that it's been over 90 degrees in Birmingham. The weatherman was shocked when he admitted to that statistic a couple of days ago. It shows no chance of slowing down, as the forecast for the next 7 days shows a high of 92 or more.
No comments:
Post a Comment