Monday, August 9, 2010

Hello From North Carolina!

North Carolina is pretty cool. I knew I liked the coastal area, and I am fortunate to find the same like for the Durham/Raleigh area. This is definitely an upgrade for me from the past 3 years in Memphis. The people here are great, and I am enjoying the area where I am living. I have taken a lot of time for myself - to set up my apartment, start some new hobbies that I have been wanting to try (guitar lessons and jewelry making), and am preparing to bid adieu to my last free summer. It's been so relaxing and fun that I hate to leave it. I start work 3 weeks from today, so I have a bit of time left for fun!

Here are some pictures from my North Carolina adventures so far:


The Downtown Durham Farmers Market - over 70 vendors all within 70 miles of Durham, selling dairy, meats, flowers, arts and crafts, veggies, and fruits.


An old train depot in Downtown Durham. I loved this spot. I imagine there are great stories wrapped in the walls of that building.


Very inventive.


The big yellow cup from Dickey's BBQ. Apparently this is a staple here.


One of the walls in my living room. Those are my photographs! I kinda feel like an artist with my own gallery. A little pieces of the places that I love - the Birmingham skyline and the sunset at Wrightsville Beach.


More of my photographs from Wrightsville Beach, all in black and white. I should've used my own photographs a long time ago.


Where the dissertation magic will happen. I hope. :)


GREAT bumper stickers! "Teabagging is for nuts" Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment