Many of you reading know that I deactivated my Facebook account today. Because of that, I will try to do much better with my blogging so you all have an idea of what's going on in North Carolina.
First bit of fun news from today:
I knew I had a research article set to be in print following the long, hard work of a research team I worked with in Memphis. After a little searching today, I found it, and it's in print!!! In case any of you want to see the actual article, it's in the Psychology of Men & Masculinity, volume 11, July 2010. If you just want to see the good stuff, check this out:
It's a pretty big deal for me, as this is my first article. I blogged about this approximately a year ago....it takes a really long time for this entire process and a lot of hard work by many people. Yay for research!
Second fun thing from this past week:
I had dinner with three other interns last Thursday, and I thoroughly enjoyed myself! We ate and chatted and got to know each other. There are some very cool people here with extremely diverse backgrounds. I am sure I am going to learn a lot this year! We have another get together scheduled for next weekend - hopefully for all nine of us (and families) to get together. Should be fun!
Third fun thing from last week and for this week too:
I am loving my guitar lessons! Once I can play something, I'll record it and put it up. Right now, I'm learning how to make chords with my left hand while continually strumming with my right hand. It sounds easy, but it's not...I am beginning to lose a little bit of the feeling in my fingertips on my left hand. Apparently, that's a good thing. :)
For this week -
1. Two weeks left of vacation before returning to work.
2. Guitar lesson - I'm ready to rock!
3. Classic Car Show - a big one. The best part...wait for it...it's INSIDE the convention complex!!!
4. I have cleared the way for several days of uninterrupted work on my dissertation. Not so much fun, but I have a lot of built in rewards ready. And I'm ready to work - nothing like seeing your name in print for some inspiration and motivation!
XOXO. I miss each of you.

No comments:
Post a Comment