Friday, February 26, 2010

Match Weekend: I am going to FCC Butner in North Carolina!


Match weekend was incredibly stressful. Luckily for me, I had a great email on Friday morning saying I had matched to an internship site! I was home, so we had some adventures over the weekend while waiting for the more exciting email on Monday morning telling me where I am going next year. I was more nervous and excited about Monday's email after knowing that I matched. I had great options, and I really wanted to know where the computer had "matched" me. Monday morning, I opened my email to find that I matched to my dream site in North Carolina - this is the site that I have wanted for almost two years since I began working at the prison! I have worked hard, and I am grateful for my placement. There have been many people that have helped me along the way, both personally and professionally. I appreciate each of you, and I am looking forward to sharing my adventures with you next year!

Here are pictures from Match weekend:

This is my match gift from my parents. It is the motorcycle seat off of Kevin's race motorcycle autographed by my favorite flat track motorcycle racer, Kevin Atherton. Way too cool!

This is the menu from the restaurant where we ate on Thursday night before the Friday morning email.

My parents being funny at dinner. We were trying to diffuse the tension and the nervousness we all felt waiting for the Friday morning match email.
Me on Thursday night - the last night before finding out my fate. The last night in the ambiguous waiting game.
This is me opening the email on Friday morning - it told me that I matched!



After reading and re-reading the email saying that I had matched, I had a big smile for my dad! It was a great morning!


On Saturday, we spent the afternoon riding around and visiting Little River Canyon. On the way home, we ate at at Big Bolton's in Springville (AL). This is a picture of my BBQ salad. For all of my Birmingham friends, I HIGHLY recommend you visit this restaurant. This BBQ salad was enough for two large meals and was only $8. Amazingly yummy! My mom had Brunswick Stew, and my dad had a pork plate. Both looked great!




Monday morning, when I opened my email saying I was going to FCC Butner. Ignore the bedhead. :) 


My dad the artist creating a sign for me!




Me with my sign and match gift after opening the email saying I am going to North Carolina!




My Celica turned 100,000 miles on the drive back to Memphis on Monday afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment