As a reward for sending two chapters of my dissertation to my advisor on Sunday, I hopped in the car at lunchtime on Monday and set out to watch the sun set at Wrightsville Beach. It turned out to be an amazing afternoon. There are not many things in life that are so simplistically beautiful and serene...the sun setting with sand beneath your feet comes close to topping that list. Others on the list: feeling butterflies in your tummy the first time you meet someone, the breeze blowing through your hair while you're sitting on the banks of the river/ocean just watching the water move, being comfortable sitting in silence with someone, being able to spontaneously drive 2 hours to watch the sunset...and the list goes on...
I think I could live the rest of my life in Wilmington and be very happy. I am conveniently forgetting that the threat of Hurricane Earl derailed my plans of spending the entire Labor Day weekend at the beach. Details, details. :) Here are some of the pictures from my trip:
No comments:
Post a Comment