Sunday, September 19, 2010

Week 4 begins tomorrow

I made it through my first full week inside the gate. The gear (belt, radio, keys, etc) was difficult to get used to, but I have the hang of it now. It's already been an interesting week, and there's plenty more ahead. I have this rotation for six months and then move to my second rotation. I have learned a lot this week, so I can only imagine what's in store for me for the next 48 weeks...

Dissertation news: I have some comments from my advisor that I am working on. It's a slow process, and I am tiring of the project so that does not help my motivation level. I'll get there - thank you all for your support and encouragement.

Fun things: This week has brought new, fun experiences into my life. I am in a fantasy football league with some other interns. We had a blast last weekend, and I won my first game! I'm 3rd in the league going into today's games (out of 8 teams), and I am taking a big risk and putting Michael Vick in my QB position. This will either be an awesome decision or it will be my downfall this week. Vick seems hungry and like he wants to win, so I'm going to take a chance on him. We are also going to start fantasy basketball soon...that's much more my speed!

A few of us interns played trivia this week at a local restaurant. I had always heard about people playing trivia but didn't really understand the draw. I got it now...it's fun! We had 7 people playing; between the 7 of us, we knew most of the answers which was cool. We finished the night in 4th place (they paid through 3rd place). Maybe we'll do better this week!

Overall, I am enjoying being here. My time is limited, and I am conscious of that most every day. I am trying to make the best of things knowing that. I have some traveling to do on the weekends soon. There's so much I want to see before I leave!

No comments:

Post a Comment