Friday, January 22, 2010

I LOVE North Carolina!

I am a bit behind with blogging...I came back from North Carolina with food poisoning. It hasn't been pleasant, but I am doing much better this afternoon. Despite that, I absolutely loved North Carolina, as I expected. My interview at FCC Butner went well; the program there is stellar. I have been very lucky - all of my sites have been great so far.



My parents and I before I left for Minnesota. (I just downloaded this from my dad's camera.) He is still half-asleep here. I left for the airport VERY early that morning.

Some of the pictures from this part of the journey:



This is Fulton Competition in Spartanburg, South Carolina. Some of the finest engines in racing come out of this building. A funny story... I called Fulton Competition one day a few summers ago to order a TShirt for my Dad. Good ol' Gene Fulton answered the phone and proceeded to cuss me out for waking him up from his afternoon nap. (Awesome.) Then he took my information, my credit card number, and my Dad got his TShirt a few days later. We still laugh about Gene and this story; I had to stop here just to see it.



Cowpens, South Carolina. How could I not take a picture of this? :)



Yea North Carolina! This was my first time inland in North Carolina. Usually, I visit the coast or have a layover in the Charlotte airport.



Lowe's Motor Speedway in Charlotte is huge! Not as massive as Talladega though. The two pictures below are for the roundtrack and drag strip that are located just across the street. Just a couple of hours from where I was going to interview...I could totally get used to this...







And how can you go to North Carolina near Charlotte and not take a picture of this:


For the NASCAR fans among us, let's have a moment of silence out of respect for the late, great Dale.



This is the entrance to FCC Butner. On the left in the middle of the picture, you can see part of the sign.



This is part of one of the institutions at the massive complex. The facilities were great, and I would be very lucky to work there.



Our ride back after my interview...the sunset was beautiful.


No comments:

Post a Comment