Monday, January 11, 2010

Terre Haute...what a trip!

Sorry, I am a bit behind on blogging. My interview at Terre Haute was last Friday, so my Dad and I traveled up on Thursday and back Friday night. It was a harrowing trip, as the pictures show below. In Vigo County alone (where Terre Haute is located), there were 24 wrecks and 44 slide-offs on the interstate we drove in on. Luckily, my Dad was driving. There is no way I would've made it through that. Despite the insane weather, I really loved Terre Haute - both the city and the internship site. I could see myself living there. Here's the pictures:



The rocket at the rest area on I-65 leaving Alabama.



The road in Tennessee. Plenty of snow and ice on the sides but really good roads. Also, notice the weather - no snow. Although, the weather changed about every 5 minutes from completely clear to miserable, snowing, and icy.



Crossing the bridge in Louisville to Indiana. I love this bridge.



Yea for the state of Indiana!



A snow plow in Indiana. This trip was the first time my Dad and I had seen real snow plows! They were dropping a mix of salt and sand, and it coats the car and makes it yucky.



One of the many wrecks we saw. This was a truck with an enclosed trailer that had lost control and flipped over into the ditch.



This was a double-trailer eighteen wheeler truck...pretty sure it was the same Fed Ex driver that sped by us in nasty, icy weather going about 85mph. Not good for him.



Terre Haute - about 70 miles outside of Indianapolis. This is the exit where we stayed and where the prison complex is located.



My Mom was kind enough to let us use her car. It was completely covered in salt, sand, and ice.



My Dad took this picture of USP Terre Haute from the street.

No comments:

Post a Comment